The UNIVERGE SV8500 is a powerful enterprise communications solution capable of supporting up to 4,000 endpoints in a single system.
Reliable, scalable and energy-efficient, it is an advanced application server that supports voice, unified communications and mobility solutions for tens of thousands of users. Designed to easily and efficiently scale, the SV8500 meets the needs of the largest enterprises, supporting up to 192,000 ports in a networked environment.
Pure IP or hybrid networking
The SV8500 is the optimal product for a pure IP or converged hybrid network. It was developed to fully satisfy the communication needs of the enterprise to empower your business and to make your network a more productive asset.
- Empower employees to do more, faster, easier
- Enhance customer responsiveness
- Encourage teamwork
- Support your increasingly mobile workforce
The SV8500 provides support for open-standards for integrating communications into business process applications. This facilitates process simplification. Standards and devices supported by the SV8500 include:
- SIP-enabled devices
- LDAP-compliant databases
- Java™ and XML
- Managed data network infrastructure
- The UNIVERGE OW5000, an integration platform for UC solutions such as Microsoft® Office Communications Server and IBM® Lotus® Sametime®
The SV8500 can be incorporated into networks that contain SV7000 and/or NEAX2400 systems to provide a path to IP.
The SV8500’s interoperability enables it to protect your investment in previous products such as the NEAX 2400 IPX, NEAX 7400 IMX and ICS. Using both FCCS (Fusion) and CCIS networking for seamless integration, the SV8500 can also be networked with other NEC products, including the NEAX 2000, the SV8100 and the SV8300. This provides you with a broad range of server options to address needs at both the edge of your network as well as the core.
Delivers advanced applications
The SV8500 provides cutting-edge features that optimise your experience and maximise enterprise resources. Some of the supported applications include:
- NEC’s Unified Communications and mobility applications offering fixed mobile convergence and advanced collaboration.
- UNIVERGE DT700/DT300 Series desktop phones raise the standard with an extensive feature set, XML application support (DT700 only) and a revolutionary modular design.
- NEC’s soft phone, which integrates communications into the computing environment to eliminate the need for a physical phone and extend the desktop around the world.
- UNIVERGE MA4000 management system is a web-based management application that enables users to access the system remotely through a personalised portal to configure their communications options.
The SV8500 is an ecologically sound, compact system that uses 23 per cent less power than previous generations of IP communication servers. We have paid special attention to its environmental impact and delivered a RoHS compliant system that includes:
- reduced air conditioning requirements for the server
- recyclable materials and components that use environmentally safe chemicals
- elimination of lead and mercury in circuit boards
- documentation provided in electronic format rather than paper booklets.